Something everyone can appreciate is a great meal. Now, we realize Wichita is not known worldwide for its fine cuisine, but you’d be surprised by all great choices the city has to offer.
In our hunt for a great Wichita restaurant, we turned to UrbanSpoon. Here are some of the top recommendations for Wichita restaurants:
- II Vicino Wood Oven Pizza: 92 percent of voters of UrbanSpoon gave the College Hill pizzeria a thumbs up.Many reviewers rave about how it’s the best pizza joint in town, featuring specialties like Pizza Margherita and the Da Vinci. What’s more, the service is great and the prices are very affordable. Plus II Vicino Wood Oven Pizza is just a 10-minute drive from the Lee, Gurney & Hess office.
- Wasabi Sushi Bar: If Italian isn’t you’re thing, head downtown to for some sushi. The restaurant offers creative rolls and pretty large portion sizes at reasonable prices. It also received very high reviews on UrbanSpoon, with 91 percent of voters giving the sushi joint a thumbs up.
- Old Mill Tasty Shop: To satisfy that midday stomach growl, try this sandwich shop. Reviewers say the atmosphere is cozy and welcoming, with the feeling of and old-style diner. Oh, and don’t forget the ice cream.
- Bella Luna Café: The hummus seems to be the item of choice here, but Bella Luna Café has even more to offer. Conveniently for us, it’s just a seven-minute walk up Rock Road from our office.
- The Donut Whole: For breakfast (or anytime, really) definitely check out The Donut Whole. Known for its specialty pastries (here’s looking at you, caramel cheesecake donut) and coffee, this place has a new vibe and some interesting décor.
Of course, there are many other local options for a great meal, but these are some of the local favorites. Wichita may not be the fine-dining capitol of the world, but it sure can satisfy the taste buds.